Democratic Underground:
The Top Ten

Shameless plug for Howard Dean for President!
If you haven't already, sign up to vote for Dean (or don't). Of all the front runner candidates, I like this guy the most. I could be much happier with a Dean presidency than with the current guy, or any of the other dem front runners.

Sport Update:
The Cal Bears trounced Arizona 42-14 at Memorial Stadium. Go Bears!

Another Linguist Discussing Politics:
In the great tradition of other prominent linguists, George Lakoff of UC Berkeley has thrown his hat into the political arena and discusses why, from a linguistics point of view, progressives are having trouble getting their message out the the american people.

DISCLAIMER: You are receiving this because I know you. Somehow. Some people even wonder WHY I know you, me being who I am, and you being who you are. Anyway, moving on... Because I know you I subsequently think that you must have similar political views as me. This maxim tends to be true. That being said, is entirely possible, though not very likely, that I am wrong. If for any reason you should ever desire, you can be removed from this mass email list by simply asking me politely to take you off of it. You don't even have to say WHY you want off the list. In fact, it's best that you don't. Just replay and say "remove me, please", and you can sleep peacefully with the knowledge that it was made so. It has also happened that some people actually WANT to be added to this email list. If you know such a person, have them email me, and I'll happily add them. Also, have them introduce themselves in their email. I'm inveterate in my late 20s, and I flip out whenever a complete stranger emails me and actually wants to receive a weekly political opinion piece. (As if there aren't enough opinions going around.) Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)