DE LIBERIS: GENERA ET ANIMALIA

On children: an irregular feature of Sinistra. When children happen (if they do) you don't have a say in who or what your get. GATTACA isn't quite here yet, but in my idealized world, I get to mentally drift where ever my heart's desire lies.
Part I: INCEPTVM
Part II: INAVRES ET CASTVLAE
Part III: TELEVISIO ET LVSVS COMPVTATRALIS
Part IV: LVSVS ET VINA

Gender (genera): Two girls. That's it. OK, maybe a boy. But definitely at least one girl. This is really, really important. I want to raise perfect little girls. I want them to grow up to be perfect, beautiful women. This isn't paedophilic, I just didn't relate much to myself as a boy when I was growing up. Not that I got along with the ladies, mind you. But boys were meaner, hands down. I think they're something freudian going on here, because my own mother went nutso and scarred my poor sisters and made them nutso, too. I need to prove to the world (myself, the wife, the guy at the supermarket?) that my X chromosome isn't fucked up.

Pets: (animalia) Only my Mason Bees. They are the perfect pet. Everything else requires too much care. We all know how much the promise of a child is worth when they swear jumping up and down, crossing their heart dozens of times, that they will care for, walk, feed, and pet the cat/ dog/ bunny/ gecko--a hill of beans, that's what. That means I get stuck taking care of the varmint.
I did this all growing up. My sisters were all cool with the dogs and cats so long as they never had to play with them, pet them, feed them, walk them (not the cats, obviously, they fortunately walked themselves), or pick up after them. Since I was a stellar child and the model of personal responsibility, I never shirked on my duties. OK, I'm indulging a bit here, but I did successfully care for the pets in spite of the apathy from the rest of the family. Since I won't be an apathetic parent, the need for pets is obviated. There will be plenty of other opportunities to learn self-reliance and discipline.

2 Comments:

At 11/15/05, 10:40 AM, Blogger Les said...

i hope that you archive your blog periodically, so you can look back on these posts periodically after having had kids for a while.

 
At 11/15/05, 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict, if you want girls..you will get a really macho boy who thinks Dad is a geek, but after a turmultous teen years, you will settle into a mode of understanding..or have I read too many novels?

Also the pets, my Mom didn't want pets, then I came along. And the ironic thing was we adopted this stray kitten I found once, against her wishes, and she got really close to that cat. They were really bonded.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)