Insomnis fui proxima nocte

I couldn't sleep last night. The putative reason was that I was playing my Rome: Total War video game too late into the night.

But the real reason is that it finally hit me: I'm going to Clarion. Holy motherfucking shit.

So I'm a bit slow. I got early acceptance and have had lots of time to absorb this. But last night was the clencher. A man I met over the internet, congratulating me on my acceptance, was himself declined by the workshop. Simultaneously, other participants made their identities known to me.

It's real. It's happening.

And I couldn't stop thinking about it! I would alternate between thinking out crushing strategies against the Celto-Iberians and what I should be doing to prepare for the workshop. Neither train was conducive to sleep.

I am resolved to read and write more. I need to get on the ball here. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I intend to take full advantage of it. Wish me luck!

I also got a rejection letter today from some dumb (high-paying) rag. I had submitted one of my Clarion stories. C'est la vie.

5 Comments:

At 4/13/06, 8:17 PM, Anonymous Jim Wiegand said...

Hey Crinis,

Good luck man. I'm sure you'll do well.

I'm one of the rejects so naturally I am just dying with curiosity. Keep blogging so we all can follow along with your great adventure.

This is the second night I've been up late obsessing about Clarion. I can only imagine what you're going through.

-jim

 
At 4/14/06, 4:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy fucking shit, indeed! Congrats, and I look forward to meeting you this summer!

Livia Llewellyn

 
At 4/18/06, 11:03 AM, Blogger Responsible Artist said...

Quomodo in duobus locis sedere potes eodem tempore quando in nullo loco es?







(How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all? from the Humez bros "Latin for The People")

 
At 4/18/06, 9:29 PM, Blogger Crinis said...

facile domi sum sed domus nulli loci est.

 
At 4/24/06, 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great feeling, isn't it? :) See you there!

Shveta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)