Scientology

This Rolling Stone article on Scientology absolutely floored me. This was a well-researched piece, coming from a culture magazine, no less. Now if only the NYT could do this! Their WMD articles, extensive as they were, required an official retraction.

I highly recommend reading it. It took me about 30 minutes, but I was reading slow and doing other work at the same time. Strange, culty religions fascinate me, especially since this one was founded by a guy who was trying to make money off of poor-selling science fiction. As immoral as what LRH did, you can't fault the guy for lacking style.

1 Comments:

At 5/28/06, 2:52 AM, Anonymous Rahul K said...

L. Ron is definitely an incredibly fun writer. I haven't read any of his early books, but his later absolutely crazy books (the Mission Earth Dekology and Battlefield Earth) are hilarious. He's definitely the kind of sci-fi pulp.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)