Jen and Nick Get Married


Jen and Nick are married! I don't have that many pictures, and none of the bride and groom, but here's me with Tammy (taken after the ceremony). I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. Jen and Nick looked great. They loved the speech I had prepared and the day of the wedding was the best run through I'd ever done. I got to put those speaking and writing skills into good practice! I got lots of compliments, too.

My day spent as a deputy marriage commissioner was a resounding success. Jen and Nick both cried as they walked down the aisle (with joy, of course). I only had to adlib a couple lines, like "Please be seated." Sheesh. Those people were going to stand all day if I didn't say anything :-) I got a few laughs out of the Welcome, and the bride and groom recited their vows perfectly. (No rings were dropped, either).

I feel very honored to have done this for my friends. Jen and Nick, if you're reading this, thank you! I was truly moved when you asked me to be your officiant. I hope that I made your Day special. Your wedding was awesome, and we had a great time at the reception, too.

I finally get to relax. I don't have any weddings to plans for a while. I think I'll just go sit in the garden and read a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)