Sick, sick, sick

Well, I'm paying for it. Took today off from work. (So did Tammy. I got her sick, too) The upside, I got some writing done. The down side is obvious, I'm miserable! Who's not washing their hands? Who's coughing into the air intake at work? Cut it out!

In other non news, Berkeley is trying to chop down trees. I wrote the alumni association. Right now, Berkeley is campus non gratus. We can talk tree decimation when they restore Heart Mining Circle to its former glory. Until then, I support the old ladies in the tree.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1/24/07, 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you are still sick. My cough lingered but I am on upswing, but really really tired. Like my body has had enough of this. I hope you feel better soon, I know it sucks.

-Carol

 
At 1/25/07, 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder then, how can I surivive in an office in my new job in Munich where NOBODY, I say, NOBODY (that is so far for all the people I happened to bump in at the men's room) ever washes their hands with soap (and sometimes hardly "sprinkle" them with water either - not that it helps, I know, but)...
And I am in a campus of several thousand people many of which travel around the world...

-Paolo

 
At 1/25/07, 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: I'm sorry you're sick - just wash your hands more often - but I think that is not the case in the US where I saw people wash their hands a lot - I think it is more a problem of air conditioning (not common at all in Munich).

-Paolo

 
At 1/25/07, 6:28 PM, Blogger Crinis said...

I was being somewhat facetious when I talked about hand washing. But I remember a report from a long time ago which talked about how the flu season immediately following the anthrax scare was muted. Researchers attributed it to an increase in hand washing (and probably other things).

If true, then a lot of people aren't washing their hands. I was paranoid for a while and would open the door of the bathroom with a clean paper towel, but I stopped when I thought I was getting OCD about it. Shouldn't have. Now I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)