First sale

I sold a flash piece to AlienSkin Magazine, called TMC. It will appear in the April/May 2007 issue. This is my first fiction sale. Woo hoo!

I originally wrote a story called "Testimonial" in 2002 during a hurricane in Mérida, México. It was my first attempt at fiction since college. I wrote, barricaded in our hotel room, until the lights went out and the sun went down.

Later, in 2004, I gave an award-winning Toastmaster's speech titled "TMC" loosely based on that story. I played the part of a sleazy salesman pitching a new memory-aid product to an captive audience. I was inspired by timeshare salesmen.

... TMC the flash story is a pared down version of "Testimonial", including the title. When the April/May 2007 issue of AlienSkin is available, I will link to it from here.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 2/18/07, 11:30 AM, Blogger Les said...

Wow! That's awesome!! Congrats!!

Be sure to post a link when your story goes live (this magazine does not appear to have an RSS feed). I can't wait to read it.

 
At 2/18/07, 12:08 PM, Blogger marshlady said...

Congrats, first of many. And great to spend time last night thanks for all the drinks! I couldn't have done the curtain speech with them!

 
At 2/23/07, 6:12 PM, Blogger Estelle said...

Felicitations ! C'est genial ! Et ce n'est qu'un debut...

 
At 2/24/07, 6:27 AM, Anonymous Alex said...

Nicely done. Good show, old boy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)