Because I should post something here

I successfully installed the auxiliary audio input on Blue last night. The directions said 0.5 hours. MINI directions lie.

I worked with the cable instructions, as well as a mediocre service manual and this web site. As usual, the internet was more helpful than the print directions.

The directions were in metric, so in case you want to know, the following approximations worked for my drill bits: 5/64" =~ 2mm, 3/8" =~ 10mm.

The radio is awfully difficult to get to, which makes me feel better about not having it stolen. Removing the glovebox was easy, but putting it back into place required several rounds of the curses I learned from my father while he worked under the hood while I stood nearby holding a wrench and biting my fingernails (Further regression: My father once asked me to stop swearing so much, and I told him I learned it all from him. Sadly, it wasn't as funny as the anti-drug commercial would have you believe).

Total time: 3 hours.

If I had to do it over, I could probably halve that, but there is no way it can be done in 30 minutes.

By the way, it's tartan week. Here's some hoochies tarts in plaid for your entertainment.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4/6/07, 3:32 PM, Blogger Les said...

I think that sort of quilt would be a good look on you. ;)

Can one be that skinny and still be properly referred to as a hootchie?

 
At 4/6/07, 3:32 PM, Blogger Les said...

kilt. i mean kilt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

   Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)